Westinghouse Nuclear Center
Westinghouse Air Brake Company Housing at Mellon Plan in the 1920s.
Westinghouse Air Brake Company Housing at Boyd Hill shortly after construction in 1918.
Westinghouse Air Brake Company (WABCO) Housing at Boyd Hill. c 1923.
Several facilities of the Westinghouse Company were consolidated in late 1970 with the move to the newly-constructed Westinghouse Nuclear Center, near the Pennsylvania Turnpike. The building was built to serve as the design and engineering center for Westinghouse's pressurized reactor systems. Eventually, the facility became the Westinghouse Energy Center, the name it bears today (2008).
The Penn Mor Hotel and Restaurant. The Amantea family (bothers Joe, George, Albert, and Adam) built and ran the Penn Mor Hotel at the southern end of Mosside Blvd. The building was erected in 1947 as a hotel for workers who needed convenient rooms and meals. The restaurant expanded to serve a heavy volume of lunch-time customers from local businesses (Westinghouse Printing in Trafford, Westinghouse Electric, etc) with favorites being Hot Sausage on Bun and Pasta dishes. Eventually the brothers expanded the building to included banquet facility with large ballrooms (first and second floors) for dances, wedding receptions, and conferences. The business was sold in 1957.