|Written by Administrator|
|Saturday, 12 May 2007|
Descendants of John Graham (1775-1830)
ohn and Ann Morrow Graham came to America from Belfast, Ireland in 1828, along with their four sons (John, William, James and Christopher) and their daughter, Agnes. John purchased a farm near Stewart’s Station in Patton Township in 1830, and died soon thereafter.
Christopher (1808-1890) went on the farm the family homestead. He was to marry Susanna Shaw (1812-1895), and the couple were to have six children. His sister Agnes was to marry Hugh Maxwell, of another pioneering family who lived near the Grahams. Later both families were to settle near one another on farm land along the Northern Pike.
Several Grahams stayed on to farm the land in Monroeville. One later descendent, John D. Graham (1876-1926), was born in family’s log house on Ramsey Road. In 1910 he married Sarah (Stewart) Graham and they had six children. As time went on family members like John left the farm, in his case to try his hand at carpentry. Later he became a miner, working in the coal mines of Monroeville, Pitcairn and Trafford.
Many of the Grahams are buried at the Cross Roads Cemetery in Monroeville, Pa. ___________________________________________
|Last Updated ( Sunday, 09 September 2007 )|