Monroeville Historical Society
Heritage Day Festival
"A tribute to Monroeville's Rural Past"
October 13, 2018
1:00pm - 5:00pm
Pony Rides - $4.00
· Stables from Apollo are offering supervised rides on good-natured ponies that love nothing moe than to let you ride them.
Scarecrow Making - $4.00
· Bring your own scarecrow to life in time for Halloween.
Crafts - $1.00
· Fashion your own corn husks and yarn dolls, awaken your inner autumn artist with pumpkin painting.
Self-Guided Tours of the Historical Houses
· McGinley House - Kitchen, museum room, parlor, upstairs bedroom, miniatures and dollhouse room.
· McCully Log house - Interact and relive history with a MHS member.
· Pioneer and Native American artifacts shown by Reenactor Henry Bowden.
· Spinning wheel demonstration by Jennifer Lis.
· Churn butter and sample it on fresh baked bread and potatoes baked in out outdoor over, served with Cider.
· View an antique gun collection and enjoy frontier food made by Doug Plance and his family.
· Enjoy talking with beekeeper John Yakim while he explains the bees' activities in his hive.
· The Historical Houses are located at 2381 McGinley Rd, Monroeville, PA 15146.
· From Monroeville Library, cross Moss Side Blvd to Haymaker Rd and turn left onto McGinley Rd.
· From Rote 48, turn at Haymaker Rd, then turn left onto McGinley Rd.
For more information, call MaryLou Span at 724-733-7535 or 412-977-6796.